Cardiovascular catheterization is considered one of the most important sections of the hospital since its construction. Due to the international caring for heart patients and the need for quick intervention to deal with heart attacks and the lack of cardiac catheterization departments in the country this department has be created It also operates a world-class operating system that is compatible with the equipment and systems used in cardiac catheterization departments outside the country. In order to cope with this development, the Department is managed by a number of technicians and consultants who are considered to be the most distinguished specialists in this field. Awad Abdullah Head of Cardiology Department and Anas Al Badawi.
What distinguishes the section?
- The department provides 24 hours of medical service. The center's response is the fastest response to heart attacks.
- Cardiac catheterization is one of the largest sections in terms of area according to international standards, as well as intensive cardiac care.
Services provided by the department:
The Department performs all cardiac catheterization procedures, from simple coronary catheter catheterization to simple and complex catheterization, pacemaker implants of all kinds, ICD, IVC filter and withdrawals of aquatic complexes in the heart muscle.
- Coronary Angiography - CA
- Per Percutaneous Coronary Angioplasty - PCI
- P Permanent Pacemaker -PPM
- Intracardiac Defibrillators - ICD
- Inferior Vena cava Filter - IVC Filter
- Per Pericardium Paracentesis
The heart catheter device in the center is one of the latest device in the world. It is make is Toshiba which is the world-famous Japanese fabrication, with a speed of up to 30 frames per second, high-speed shooting for imaging purposes, with the latest radiation protection equipment for body armor and Thyroid protection, head protection and lead glasses to protect the eyes. The section is considered as the first at the level of radiation protection.
The department has been supported by the latest equipment, including ECG, electric shock and cardiac resuscitation. All kinds of stents, catheters, and all work aids are available with the same efficiency and international quality to achieve a unique treatment service.