The Department of Radiology is one of the largest sections of radiation in Sudan and through it we provide routine and special tests for various specialties, and in the department some of the rarest tests with the presence of a medical staff of technical competence and expertise and the department receive cases from inside and outside the hospital.
Services provided by the Department:
- Magnetic resonance
- Normal radiation (X-Ray)
- Color radiation ( flour cop )
- Ultra sound
- Dental radiography (OPG)
- Measurement of bone density
- In the department we have the Gama camera and it’s the only device with high specification in Sudan and it can do test that other devices can't do
- Thereis also the only device for early detection of osteoporosis in Sudan.
- Mammography device is considered one of the latest devices in Sudan
- The department also contributes to in continuous training through organizing training and lectures
- The department is designed with international standard and there is an electronic archive system to save patient data from its system
- There are future plans to make the department reference to the department of radiation in Sudan and for the universities by establishing a research center to encourage the scientific research
- And here at the department of have distinguished doctors such as professor Abdullah japer, chairman of Sudanese radiology society.